From: Michael Imhof <tantive@g.o>
To: seemant@g.o
Cc: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] s390 status
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 20:58:00
1 Seemant Kulleen wrote:
2 > Before Randy left, he'd promised to give me access to his s390, but that
3 > never materialised, so at this point I'd say there's no access. Seeing
4 > as it's effectively an unmaintained port with no ETA on Randy, I say
5 > either remove s390 from KEYWORDS which it blocks or stable it and let
6 > the fallout happen when s390 returns to being an active port.
7
8 I think this one is not clear. Randy had access to it's "own" machine
9 where he did development etc.
10 If access to an s390/zSeries is needed i can provide it.
11 Randy and i had the idea of porting gentoo to zSeries and both got
12 access to different machines. The one from Randy was at his university.
13 The one i have access to is owned by a company that does development for
14 zSeries.
15
16 The idea behind it was:
17 Randy had a devlopment machine where he could tweak and work. When he
18 completed the first set of full stages we wanted to install Gentoo on
19 the Machine (better said partitions) i have access to and use those
20 partitions for providing access to s390 to devs.
23 Another thing that makes me sad is that people who were very involved in
24 this port now have no problem to just let it die.
27 So if there are ppl who want to maintain this port. Access to hardware
28 is here...
31 Regards
32 Michael