From: konsolebox <konsolebox@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] bash-4.4 - call for testers
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2016 06:38:04
1 On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 1:53 PM, Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o> wrote:
2 > And I get the impression that the desire you have to have different
3 > behaviour for non-rc versions is a bit niche.
4
5 Not quite. I just started by siding with the current implementation
6 which is to disable system readline in rc versions of bash. You're
7 actually the one challenging a new implementation which would allow
8 it.
9
10 But anyway, what do you think about just enabling
11 IUSE="+system-readline" by default to any version, and just rely on
12 KEYWORDS="" to prevent the user from misusing it with a pre-release
13 version of bash? I believe we can both agree on that idea.
16 konsolebox