From: konsolebox <konsolebox@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] New version constraints: variant one
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2016 06:54:40
1 On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 10:37 PM, Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o> wrote:
2 > ....orrr we could do away with punctuation abuse and make "[]" be a "Parameter space"
5 > dev-foo/bar[u:foo,v:>=3]
6
7 I got similar idea here, but my version is that you don't have to use
8 u: or v:. When I was looking for the feature that 'foo[bar?]'
9 provides yesterday, I saw that the the special operators for use flags
10 don't conflict with the version operators. And only use flags use
11 non-operator characters, so they could be used alone and
12 distinguishably without any.
13
14 dev-foo[>=3,foo]
15
16 So this time instead of using () for versions and [] for use flags, we
17 can just have [] for both. Of course this again requires that
18 independent and rearrangeable version elements be implemented.
21 konsolebox