From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: reorganization of /var/lib gentoo-related files
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 15:07:51
1 Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o> posted 495B81AB.3040109@g.o,
2 excerpted below, on Wed, 31 Dec 2008 08:28:59 -0600:
3
4 > Fabio Rossi wrote:
5 >> On Wednesday 31 December 2008, Duncan wrote:
6 >>
7 >>> Except that... in theory, some or all of those apps could technically
8 >>> be used on/for other distributions and platforms as well.
9 >>
10 >> Yes, this is the theory but I think they'll be never ported to other
11 >> distributions.
12 >
13 > sabayon doesn't use these apps? How about gentoo based livecds, etc. ?
14
15 I was thinking of sabayon but couldn't remember the name. All I could
16 think of was exherbo... which AFAIK does use at least eselect (I've seen
17 it mentioned) and I'd guess news also, given the person who was the big
18 push behind the GLEP.
19
20 ... But IMO the entire debate is a bunch of bikeshedding, which implies
21 it's reasonably safe to assume the status quo is likely to remain. But
22 of course that didn't stop me from offering my opinion, turquoise with
23 aquamarine stripes! =;^)
28 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman