From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo commit in xml/htdocs/proj/en/qa: index.xml
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 19:59:50
1 On Saturday, June 11, 2011 15:18:09 Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 > >>>>> On Sat, 11 Jun 2011, Jorge Manuel B S Vicetto wrote:
3 > > please re-read GLEP48 as I updated it at the end of the council
4 > > meeting to reflect the changes already approved on March (txt
5 > > version, I still need to update the html).
6 > >
7 > > The GLEP states that the team lead shall be elected annually by the
8 > > team members.
9 >
10 > The same GLEP also says that developers who would like to join the
11 > project must be approved by the QA team lead. And seemingly the QA
12 > lead also has the power to expel devs from the team (I cannot find
13 > where this is documented though).
14
15 i dont recall this ever coming up, so there would need to be a GLEP update i
16 imagine in order to make this happen
17
18 > So, effectively the QA team lead can appoint the people who elect him.
19 > I'm not at all implying that Diego would abuse his position, but still
20 > I think that this is not a sane situation.
21
22 it does seem trivial to remove people who disagree with you and thus cement an
23 echo chamber
24 -mike