From: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] implementation details for GLEP 41
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 22:57:21
1 On Sat, Nov 19, 2005 at 10:47:37PM +0000, Kurt Lieber wrote:
2 > On Sat, Nov 19, 2005 at 04:30:53PM -0600 or thereabouts, Brian Harring wrote:
3 > > Infra doesn't even do retirement beyond when _devrel_ asks them to. If
4 > > that process is slow, ask for help and someone will chip in and improve
5 > > it (mainly to minimize bottleneck involved).
6 >
7 > OK, fine. Devrel does not have an established track record of retiring
8 > devs who are otherwise inactive. Please fix this. Please also get an
9 > agreement from them that they're going to be willing to take on the
10 > additional load of these arch testers. Then please articulate the process
11 > that will be followed to ensure they're actively tracked and retired
12 > if/when they fall off the map.
13
14 Devrel doesn't have much issues in actually retiring a dev from where
15 I'm sitting.
16
17 The problem is in detection- an infra issue that could be solved by
18 either allowing normal devrel people to run the detection scripts
19 themselves (rather then asking infra to do so), or in modifying the
20 commit hooks so it pushes info into ldap (which we can access).
21
22 Again... setup cost (something I'm more then willing to implement).
23 ~harring