From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Something positive! (was Re: Client-serve flags (again ;))
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 00:33:41
1 On Sat, 2007-03-10 at 22:52 +0000, Jeff Rollin wrote:
2 > Personally I find "you are/he/she/it/x,y,z is gay" statements/jokes
3 > really lame. The topic matter doesn't seem to be relevant to anything
4 > (beyond whom you might want to sleep with/marry, obviously) - does
5 > being gay make you a better/worse airline pilot? Does it inhibit your
6 > ability to be a software engineer? Are you more likely to step out on
7 > to the road in front of an oncoming vehicle? Does it mean you spend 60
8 > mins a day more than heterosexuals watching television? Are Mac users
9 > (as one OSNews nit posted recently) gay? Who gives a
10 > word-replaced-by-four-asterisks?
11
12 *sigh*
13
14 Can we drop this crap? Really, it was a joke. It wasn't even a joke in
15 which someone said someone else was gay. Sure there was some hinting
16 and some innuendo, but that's what made the joke.
17
18 Anyway, if anybody knew about gay marriage being legal in MA, I would
19 suspect it to be Mike. (Ha! Look! A joke!) He does live there.
20
21 That being said, I have to agree, the new ChangeLog format for portage
22 owns. As the Release Engineering lead, it really helps me choose a
23 portage version that does what I want and also helps me track when I
24 experience bugs that might be portage-related.
25
26 Great job guys!
29 Chris Gianelloni
30 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
31 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
32 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
33 Gentoo Foundation