From: Nathan Zachary <nathanzachary@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: The future of sys-apps/openrc in Gentoo
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 03:51:49
1 On 24/08/10 22:21, Joshua Saddler wrote:
2 > On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 19:18:56 +0200
3 > Christian Faulhammer<fauli@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Hi,
6 >>
7 >> Joshua Saddler<nightmorph@g.o>:
8 >>> The big issue with the docs is that IF OpenRC/baselayout-2 are marked
9 >>> stable, it will require massive changes to hundreds of our other doc
10 >>> files.
11 >> Is there a list of the needed changes?
12 > Read the OpenRC guide, then read all our other guides. That's the list. It will require a line-by-line code scan to figure all this stuff out. Creating such a list would probably take almost as long as actually fixing the docs.
13 I don't think that the documentation changes should be a determining
14 factor in switching to OpenRC. If we are going to endorse using OpenRC,
15 the more relevant issues are the ones regarding its future development.
16 The documentation can be updated in due time. Of course, that's just my
17 opinion.