From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Possible portage 1.7.7 bug??
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 05:21:24
1 On Sat, 2001-12-15 at 09:52, Terry Chan wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > When using portage 1.7.7 try this to test for a possible bug
5 > in deciding latest versions of package names again:
6 >
7 > emerge net-misc/openssh
8 >
9 > Portage chooses openssh-3.0_p1-r6, but there are at least two other
10 > ebuilds that are greater than this, namely openssh-3.0.1_p1 and
11 > openssh-3.0.2_p1
12 >
13 > openssh is not in package.mask, so I don't think that is part of this
14 > problem.
15 >
16 > Is this a real bug? Am I interpreting the ebuild names incorrectly?
19 Hi
20
21 It is a small bug in portage (been there some time now),
22 but since portage2 is in the works, Daniel decided not to
23 hack broken code with even uglier hacks.
24
25 The openssh thing we fixed with removing the old ebuilds
26 (emerge --clean rsync sould update it).
27
28 Otherwise you could try this *cough* unsupported *cough*
29 patch which I made some time ago. Please note that portage2
30 will fix this, and with cool regexp will be much faster and
31 saner.
34 Greetings,
37 Martin Schlemmer
38 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Developer
39 Cape Town, South Africa

portage-ebuild-version.patch text/plain