From: "Tomáš Chvátal" <scarabeus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Lastrite: media-gfx/pngcrush
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2011 15:30:38
the policy makes perfect sense, there are people that sync just
monthly, so they might want to get some headsup why their packages are
going away, and not just remove them.

Thats why the recommended value is 60 days, 30 for urgent cases,
lately we just moved to 30 for everything, but please stick with that,
do not make it lower.

This is not about waiting for maintainer, or slowing up distro, but
letting our users to catch up with what we do.

As a side note masked packages CAN be broken, so the stab can proceed
from the point you mask all the broken ones.

Subject Author
[gentoo-dev] Re: Lastrite: media-gfx/pngcrush Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>