From: "Tomáš Chvátal" <scarabeus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Lastrite: media-gfx/pngcrush
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2011 15:30:38
1 Guys,
2 the policy makes perfect sense, there are people that sync just
3 monthly, so they might want to get some headsup why their packages are
4 going away, and not just remove them.
5
6 Thats why the recommended value is 60 days, 30 for urgent cases,
7 lately we just moved to 30 for everything, but please stick with that,
8 do not make it lower.
9
10 This is not about waiting for maintainer, or slowing up distro, but
11 letting our users to catch up with what we do.
12
13 As a side note masked packages CAN be broken, so the stab can proceed
14 from the point you mask all the broken ones.
15
16 Tom