From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: Eray Aslan <eras@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: UID/GID assignment for dovecot (97)
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2019 09:00:03
1 >>>>> On Wed, 07 Aug 2019, Eray Aslan wrote:
2
3 > So do we ask acct-group/input to change their GID? why add an already
4 > used fixed gid to baselayout in the first place (and one that is used on
5 > other distros as well)? whats the thinking here?
6
7 > or we can change dovecot uid/gid. I dont mind but how do we decide?
8
9 Historically dovecot came first, but OTOH the ID was added to baselayout
10 five years ago, and changing baselayout requires some effort. So I'd
11 suggest to change dovecot.
12
13 The UIDs and GIDs used by Arch might be good:
14 dovenull 74
15 dovecot 76
16
17 Ulrich