From: "John P.Davis" <zhen@g.o>
To: livewire_@×××××××××.net
Cc: livewire_@×××××××××.net, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] call for testing
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 22:17:18
1 On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 16:09:31 -0500
2 Bob Johnson <livewire_@×××××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > Please test livecd
5 > www.gentoo.org/~livewire/livecd-x86-xfs-sources_pre6.iso
6 > especially those with known problematic hardware
7 > ata raid controllers,nforce,via-rhine,8139too.
8 >
9 > This iso contains no stage. just looking for basic storage/nic
10 > problems. please email me even if it works.
11 >
12 > ps. the kernel is non-smp, acpi/apm as modules, all pcmcia related
13 > compiled as modules, with pcmcia-cs installed.
14 >
15 > So far ive had 1 dev try this and respond for a -rc3 release on
16 > thursday.....
19 > Bob Johnson
20 > aka LiveWire
23 > --
24 > gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list
27 Alrighty - here are my findings:
28
29 Desktop (HighPoint RAID controller)
30 No problems booting, but I got this error after keymap selection:
31 (something to the effect of)Cannot open /dev/tty0, no such file or dir
32 And when I `less` something, I get a message about a magic file. Prolly
33 nothing important, but I figured I would doc it anyway.
34
35 As for my RAID controller, it was not automogically modprobed, I had to
36 do it by hand. Once I did it though, it was fine.
37
38 Compaq Deskpro (Work box)
39 Same as above minus the RAID issues.
40
41 Other than that, looks good.
42
43 Cheers,
44 //zhen
45 --
46 John P. Davis
47 Gentoo Linux Documentation Coordinator / Bugzilla Administrator
48 http://www.uberdavis.com
49 http://www.gentoo.org
50 #gentoo-doc on irc.freenode.net