From: Isaac W Hanson <isaachanson@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] init scripts
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 14:22:03
1 I just finished reading the Gentoo 1.0 init scripts guide, yet I still
2 have a problem:
3
4 I am running an openmosix cluster, where every node mounts root over
5 NFS. I have sufficiently modified the "localmount" bootscript to "need
6 nfs" and removed the "nonfs" option from the mount command, so that NFS
7 shares listed in my fstab are mounted at boot just like local
8 filesystems - granted, perhaps not the best way to do things, but it
9 works for booting. The problem arises when I try to shutdown/reboot.
10 The "stop" function from "net.eth0" brings down eth0, unmounting "/",
11 and making it impossible for the runlevel to complete.
12
13 Any help would be appreciated.
14
15 - thegarbageman