From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] metadata.xml un<herd/>-ization, v2
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 01:25:01
1 Dnia 2014-12-09, o godz. 00:46:28
2 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > So considering the previous thread, the Council and QA discussions, I
5 > have prepared a new version of the metadata.xml update. To hopefully
6 > make everyone happy, I come with this three-step process:
7
8 And the Council meeting brought a bit of update to this. More
9 specifically:
10
11 1. type="" is now limited to developer, project and team,
12 corresponding respectively to a single person, a GLEP 39 project (with
13 webpage) and any other kind of group of people [attached].
14
15 2. I've also updated the script to use the new syntax and stop adding
16 <description/> to make things smaller. The herd descriptions are pretty
17 bad-suited for maintainer anyway.
18
19 3. herds.xml is to be deprecated as well, with existing herds being
20 replaced by projects (GLEP 39) or teams.
21
22 4. We eventually want to migrate to another (simpler, more compact)
23 metadata format, preferably YAML. The exact format is yet to be specced
24 (for example, I have no good ideas of doing restrict="".
25
26 Does anyone have any more comments or should I proceed with updating
27 the tree for 1+2?
28
29 Oh, and as usual the current diff is at:
30 http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/tmp/herds.diff.xz
33 Best regards,
34 Michał Górny

metadata.dtd.diff text/x-patch