From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: Gentoo Developers <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Policy on crazy things in EXTRA_ECONF?
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 23:39:28
1 As there doesn't seem to be any policy on what a user should and
2 shouldn't pass in to EXTRA_ECONF, I'd like to ask some things:
3
4 1. Should users _expect_ their system to work completely when they pass
5 in EXTRA_ECONF="--disable-static" to everything? Should packages be made
6 to support this, or would most people here consider that as invalid.
7 (see bug #72186). Alternatively, should we strip certain things out of
8 EXTRA_ECONF on a per-ebuild basis?
9
10 2. Could 'emerge info' please list the contents of 'EXTRA_ECONF' if it
11 is set - this would help tracking down the reason behind some bugs.
14 Robin Hugh Johnson
15 E-Mail : robbat2@××××××××××××××.net
16 Home Page : http://www.orbis-terrarum.net/?l=people.robbat2
17 ICQ# : 30269588 or 41961639
18 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85