From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Code Review Systems Was: [gentoo-dev] Git Migration: launch plan & schedule
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2015 06:06:30
1 On Sat, 4 Jul 2015 20:20:23 +0200 Peter Stuge wrote:
2 > It's important that the review flow is well-understood and efficient.
3
4 This is impossible in our case due to the lack of manpower.
5 We already have a lot of bugs, patches, stabilization requests
6 hanging over there for months and even years. Stabilization request
7 will require at least two developers to participate in each commit.
8 This will double manpower required at least. Such approach can kill
9 the whole project.
10
11 Code review is good at a limited scope, e.g. for non-developers
12 where we have review anyway.
13
14 And as was already told in this thread, the best is the enemy of
15 the good. In no way we should delay git migration due to possible
16 git review.
17
18 Best regards,
19 Andrew Savchenko