From: Nitin Agarwal <nitinagarwal3006@×××××.com>
To: Pallav Agarwal <pallavagarwal07@×××××.com>
Cc: "Sébastien Fabbro" <sebfabbro@×××××.com>, Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>, gentoo-dev@l.g.o, soc-mentors@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Congratulations for getting selected as GSoC 2016 student.
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2016 17:10:58
1 Hi Pallav,
2
3 Congratulations and Welcome to the Gentoo Community!
4
5 You're are now officially accepted as one of the prospective students for
6 Google Summer of Code 2016 Program with the Gentoo Organization to work on
7 the project "Continuous Stabilization" of Gentoo Packages.
8
9 Please note the below mentioned expectations from you, for the entire GSoC
10 2016 period starting from today itself:
11
12 1. Make sure you've prepared a blog specifically for this project. You're
13 expected to blog every week, (during the community bonding period as well).
14 In the blog, you can mention anything from your learning, your tasks
15 completed during that particular week, and something excited you might have
16 learned and wanted to share that with the entire Gentoo Community. Please
17 feel free to blog around anything related to this project.
18
19 2. You're expected to send a mail to the Mentors (both me and Sebastien
20 along with cc'd to the gentoo-dev ML) every week regarding the tasks that
21 have you completed during that particular week and the blocking things (you
22 might have, to complete your ongoing tasks). Though we would be available
23 on the IRC, hangout and email, Please feel free to drop us an email anytime
24 for the blocking things, Please don't wait for the weekend to come to
25 inform about the blocking things. I hope you got this point.
26
27 NOTE: For the point one and two, we expect to hear back from you during the
28 weekend, probably before Sunday morning (your timezone i.e, IST).
29
30 3. We expect to schedule a weekly meeting with you, in the starting of
31 every week (either Monday or Tuesday) to have a discussion with you on the
32 tasks for that particular week. Please let us know your availability for
33 the meeting, Please let us know sometime between 9:30PM IST - 1:00AM IST.
34
35 4. We expect you to make one google doc and share with the mentors (both me
36 and sebastien), so that you can take the minutes of the weekly meeting and
37 mention the tasks in that doc as per the discussion.
38
39 Last but not the least, I wish you good luck for the GSoC period and we
40 highly appreciate your contributions during the application period.
43 Cheers,
44 Nitin Agarwal