From: Ben Lutgens <lamer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Help please
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 01:16:32
1 On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 07:52:53AM +0200, Kim Nielsen wrote:
2 >On Sun, 2002-07-07 at 23:37, Prunn Levesque wrote:
5 >> can you help me please
6 >> its my first linux
7 >> I read the instructions carefully and I installed it but
8 >> when I boot it gives me that message:
9 >>
10 >> kernel panic: No init found
11
12 No, this means that the kernel had booted. Chances are either the
13 root=/dev/hdX is wrong in grub's menu.lst or the partition that / is on is
14 wrong in /etc/fstab.
15
16 And this is the wrong list for this question. Please post stuff like this
17 to gentoo-users.
20 >> and my computer freeze there.
21 >> help me please!!!
22 >
23 >Try checking the settings in grub once more .. it seems that a
24 >misconfiguration prevented it from finding a kernel
25 >
26 >Regards
27 >Kim
32 >gentoo-dev mailing list