From: Agostino Sarubbo <ago@g.o>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] The changes about the stabilization process
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2016 12:40:06
1 Hello all.
2
3 with the great and awesome work of Michael Palimaka (kensington) and the
4 support of the wg-stable, for the stabilization process, some changes on our
5 bugzilla have been done.
6
7 We have two new components:
8 - Stabilization
9 - Keywording
10
11 When you will choose one of those, you will see two new fields:
12 - Atoms to stabilize
13 - Runtime testing required
16 Atoms to stabilize needs to be filled in the following way:
17 =CATEGORY/PACKAGE-VERSION
18 so for example:
19 =app-portage/eix-0.31.10
20 In this way all arches in CC need to stabilize the specified atom.
21
22 When you have multiple atoms with different targets you need to do:
23 =app-portage/eix-0.31.10 amd64 x86
24 =app-portage/portage-utils ppc
25 In the following way, amd64 and x86 will stabilize only eix and ppc will
26 stabilize only portage-utils.
29 Runtime testing required (which is not mandatory) needs to be filled in the
30 following way:
31 - Yes, you are asking to run a package after have compiled/installed it.
32 - No, you don't need runtime testing (e.g. packages that install only some
33 files).
36 Unfortunately there isn't an automated way to port all current stablereqs to
37 those changes, so I will port them to the stabilization component and ask to
38 fill properly the "Atoms to stabilize" and "Runtime testing required" fields
39 in the next days.
40
41 In the near future, we will produce a wiki page which describes how to
42 properly request the stabilizations to ensure that they will be processed
43 correctly.
46 NOTE: I'm intending this message as a sort of announcement to invite everyone
47 to port their stable requests. I guess there isn't much to discuss here. If
48 you don't like some of the changes that have been done, please open a specific
49 thread about.
50
51 Thanks.
55 Agostino Sarubbo