From: Patrice Clement <monsieurp@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] details on the PMS
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 22:35:22
1 Hi Michael
2
3 Saturday 24 Feb 2018 02:48:02, Michael Lienhardt wrote :
4 > I noticed that the following files are not mentioned, or stated optional in the PMS:
5 > - profiles/repo_name
6 > - metadata/layout.conf
7 >
8 > It seems to me that without these files, portage complains. Shouldn't them be declared as mandatory?
9 >
10 > - profiles/package.use and profiles/make.defaults (https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/USE_ORDER)
11 > These files are not documented in the PMS: should the package manager recognize these files? (if so, I think it would be clearer to document them in the PMS)
12 >
13 > Also, in https://dev.gentoo.org/~ulm/pms/head/pms.html#x1-430004.7.1 the directory is named metadata/cache while it is named metadata/md5-cache in my repository.
16 > Should I report something on the Gentoo Bugzilla?
17 >
18 > Best,
19 > Michael Lienhardt
22 Please do.
23
24 If the documentation is lacking for these files, it must be fixed ASAP. Thanks
25 for picking this up!
28 Patrice Clement
29 Gentoo Linux developer
30 http://www.gentoo.org