From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Looking for a confcache maintainer
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 13:38:10
1 After sending this mail, I'll be removing myself from the metadata of
2 dev-util/confcache ; I've tried maintaining the ebuild and supporting
3 confcache usage in Gentoo, but I'm unable to proceed with this task.
4
5 The main issue are that confcache codebase, maintained by Brian, need a way to
6 check which package changed what in the cache, so that you can find who
7 poison it.
8 There's then the problem that the failure with the cache happens not with the
9 package you need to fix or restrict but with other packages, and you need to
10 find the primary cause.
11
12 Finally, the pkg_cv_ values needs to be blacklisted, because every package use
13 them in a different way, and thus they result in quite a borkage when
14 different packages use the same name for different concepts, that results in
15 eternal revdep-rebuild cycles when not using --as-needed, for instance.
16
17 Anyway, dev-util/confcache needs a new maintainer and supporter. Enjoy!
20 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
21 Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE