From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: use of the /run directory
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 01:37:25
1 On Tue, 17 May 2011 14:46:49 -0500
2 William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > The directories that would be affected by having /run on tmpfs would
5 > be /var/run and /var/lock. The suggested way of doing this is to have
6 > /var/run linked to /run and /var/lock linked to /run/lock.
7
8 wrt /var/run on tmpfs, I recall packages installing daemons that expect
9 their specific directories to be present in /var/run, and that do not
10 play nice when that directory turns out empty, but we should be able to
11 work around that by creating the directory in the init.d script before
12 we execute the daemon.
15 jer