From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Thinking Ahead: thoughts on pascal stuff
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 14:18:03
1 begin quote
2 On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 12:58:17 +0900
3 Chris White <chriswhite@g.o> wrote:
4
6 > Hash: SHA1
7 >
8 > All,
9 >
10 > ~ I recently noticed fpc (free pascal compiler) in the tree, took
11 > interest in it, and am now actively maintaining it. During this
12 > process, a few things came into play:
13 >
14 > 1) The idea of a new dev-pascal category
15 > 2) A pascal herd
16 > 3) Getting some more pascal stuff into the tree
19 > 4) A possible new keyword added to make.conf called
20 > PFLAGS/PASCAL_FLAGS/PASFLAGS/WHATEVER_BEGINS_WITH_P_AND_CAN_BE_UPPERC
21 > ASED
22 heh, this would be good. :)
25 Personally, I have fairly strong feelings for Pascal, topped with a lot
26 of previous experience with the language, some minor experience with the
27 fpc toolchain, but, sadly, not much time that I can spend on it.
30 But, i'll be peeking curiously and poking stuff to see if it beeps ;)
31
32 //Spider
36 begin .signature
37 Tortured users / Laughing in pain