From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Quake2-data and Quake2-relnev
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 01:23:30
1 On Saturday 11 October 2003 21:16, Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
2 > I notice portage now has a quake2-data and quake2-relnev. I can see the
3 > -data has the paks and relneve is what used to be quake2 (IIRC) and is the
4 > engine. In the past I just installed the relnev and the copied my files
5 > from the Windows system or CD. What do I do with -data ebuild? I know the
6 > install wants the CD or a directory with the files from windows it. If I
7 > already have my windows files copied over what do I need the -data ebuild
8 > installed for?
9
10 hmm i thought i removed that DEPEND ... fixed now ...
11 all the quake2 packages are designed to look for data files in the global
12 location of /usr/share/games/quake2-data ... some games also allow you to
13 override with local stuff, but whatever ...
14
15 the quake2-data package is designed to be an easy installer of the quake2 data
16 files ... when you emerge it you can tell it to either get the data files
17 from the quake2 cd or if (like me) you already have the game installed on a
18 windows partition, you can tell it to copy the data files from there ...
19 -mike