From: Block Ecks <BlokX@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Question regaurding sales.
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 04:20:42
1 Gentoo Staff:
2
3 We are currently in the process of putting together an internet based
4 store front that's goal is to distribute the linux and bsd OS out to the
5 public. We will be charging a small fee (estimated to be between 3 and
6 5 USD per CD) for the product, as well as shipping fees. We will be
7 sending the distribution creators (i.e. you) between 10% and 20% of the
8 profits gained from selling your distribution. We were wondering if you
9 would at all be interested in allowing us the rights to sell your
10 distribution.
11
12 Since linux is free to all, then technically speaking we aren't
13 charging for the distribution itself, but instead for the service we are
14 providing them; however, we are still interested in making sure that
15 Gentoo get's its fair share of the money and the credit it deserves.
16 All we were hoping in return is a copy of the CD for each new release
17 you bring out for each structure (sparc, sun, ix86, ppc, etc). This
18 will ensure we have properly working copies to distribute to the public
19 keeping your name and ours good. This will also ensure that we stay up
20 to date and are not providing the public with old or out of date
21 distributions that may have security leaks or other flaws.
22
23 We hope you take this into much concideration and allow us to
24 distribute your product from our website!
25
26 Trevor Lindsey (co-founder)
27 linuxSource