From: scott worley <folokai@×××××××××.net>
To: "Gentoo Dev." <gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] dhcpcd doesn't work
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 10:47:07
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm using rc6-r12. Everything was OK while using ppp. I got ADSL and
4 now cannot get dhcpcd to work. Dhcpcd works every time when I boot into
5 SuSE 7.2. I even downloaded dhcpcd from freshmeat, copied the tar ball
6 to the gentoo partition, rebooted gentoo and built dhcpcd. Still
7 fails. The only error message I get in syslog is:
8
9 dhcpcd: timed out waiting for valid DHCP server response.
10
11 I get this whether I run /etc/init.d/net.eth0-dhcp or
12 /sbin/dhcpcd -d eth0.
13
14 The system is:
15 gentoo rc6-r12
16 vanilla kernel 2.4.10 with
17 CONFIG_PACKET=YES
18 CONFIG_PACKET_MMAP=NO
19 CONFIG_NETLINK=NO
20 CONFIG_NETFILTER=YES
21 CONFIG_NETFILTER_DEBUG=NO
22 CONFIG_FILTER=YES
23 CONFIG_UNIX=YES
24 CONFIG_INET=YES
25 CONFIG_IP_MULTICAST=YES
26 CONFIG_IP_ADVANCED_ROUTER=NO
27 CONFIG_IP_PNP=NO
28 CONFIG_NET_IPIP=m
29 CONFIG_NET_IPGRE=m
30 CONFIG_NET_IPGRE_BROADCAST=NO
31 CONFIG_IP_MROUTE=NO
32 CONFIG_INET_ECN=NO
33 CONFIG_SYN_COOKIES=YES
34 NIC is SiS900 loaded as module in /etc/modules, verified module is
37 Am I overlooking something simple in dhcpcd configuration???
38
39 thanks,
40 scott worley
41 folokai@×××××××××.net