From: Prashanth Aditya Susarla <aditya@×××××××.in>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: GCC3.1 bootstrap fails
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2002 19:54:43
1 Great work. I'll definitely try it out. Can I use the -march=athlon-tbird
2 flag at the outset with this build image? I guess I can.
3 About some more developments - I followed Spider's "recipe" (as he calls
4 it :-)) to build a gcc-3.1 system and I must say it works great. I stored
5 away the safe packages and then changed the optmizations a bit. The system
6 always complains whenever glibc is compiled with -fomit-frame-pointer. I
7 kept the other flags intact and just removed this, and again everything is
8 perfect. I think this new gcc-3.1 tarball had to come out...
9
10 Regards,
11 Prashanth
12