From: "Rémi Cardona" <remi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] John Jawed & Alex Tarkovsky's einput eclass
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 12:29:15
1 Steve Long wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > A link on bugzilla somehow led me (isn't the web wonderful ;) to this:
4 > http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/40596
5 > which appears (to a user) like a really good idea. There is a version still
6 > at: http://jawed.name/dev/gentoo/einput.eclass
7 >
8 > A search at: http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel
9 > found only that thread, nor could I find anything on bugzilla. I was just
10 > wondering what became of the idea?
11 > I appreciate that stable ebuilds aren't supposed to be interactive, but
12 > this would be nice, eg for games, imo.
13
14 Could you list the packages which could use this? Because if only 3 pkgs
15 need it, it might not be worth the hassle to add it.
16
17 As you pointed it out, ebuilds should not be interactive. Imho, adding
18 an eclass to encourage it is counter-productive.
19
20 My 0.02€ :) Cheers
21
22 Rémi