From: Chad Huneycutt <chadh@×××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] emerge system (round 2)
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 21:02:40
1 On Tue, 2001-11-27 at 21:39, Jason wrote:
2 > Stupid question (Cuz I have no idea) Could I
3 > actually emerge the system without bootstrapping it first? If it is
4 > feasable, I would like to give it a shot and see what happens.
5
6 The bootstrapping process builds your full-fledged compiler, among other
7 critical components, so you have to do that. I am not familiar with the
8 portage code, so maybe Daniel or someone else will comment on the
9 texinfo error.
10
11 Chad