From: "Lluís Batlle i Rossell" <viric@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] About linux-headers, making stages with catalyst
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 22:21:14
1 Hi!
2
3 Well, I just got subscribed to this list... I don't know if I'm a gentoo
4 developer, but I think only here I'll find an answer to this question.
5
6 I'm a user of catalyst; I'm trying to make stages for some different
7 arquitectures, which use the newest portage and _at least_ linux 2.6 headers.
8 I'm using the profile portage/profiles/default-linux/x86/2004.2, and there are
9 virtuals which refer to linux 2.6.
10
11 When catalyst tries to build stage 1 (from a stage 3), it creates a "stage1root"
12 in /tmp. There are copied the portage profile, and little more. Then, "emerge"
13 is called for installing the base packages, using environment variable "ROOT".
14 That "emerge" call, as a dependence, tries to install "linux-headers". In a
15 similar case, using the same profile, it happens that "emerge" tries to install
16 "gentoo-sources-2.4..." when emerging "device-mapper" (which depends on
17 virtual/linux-source).
18
19 Where does "emerge" read that it has to install "2.4" things? There are only the
20 "virtuals" in the profile, isn't it? And they relate to 2.6... I really don't
21 know how to tell emerge not to use "2.4" things, as I know only that he reads
22 the "virtuals" for satisfying virtuals' dependencies.
23
24 I hope I wrote my problem clear enough. I'm not too good writting in English. :)
25
26 Thanks!
30 | Lluís Batlle i Rossell |Tel.Olot. 972 26 71 24|
31 | Membre de [s3os] (www.s3os.net) | BCN. 93 16 22 680|
32 | viric@××××××.org / ICQ# 9658637 | Mòb. 654 08 67 35|
33 | +info personal: http://vicerveza.homeunix.net/~viric/ | Santa Pau / Catalunya|
35 Cita:
36 - Press any key to accept the license.
37 (Dell Computers)
40 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list