From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gtk3 useflag and support of older toolkits
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 20:31:10
1 On 06/10/2012 10:19 PM, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Sat, 09 Jun 2012 23:54:21 -0400
3 > Alexandre Rostovtsev <tetromino@g.o> wrote:
4 >> For libraries, if possible, try splitting gtk2 and gtk3 support into
5 >> different slots (see net-libs/webkit-gtk for an example; the
6 >> gtk2-based versions have -r2xx revision numbers and go in slot 2,
7 >> while the gtk3-based versions have -r3xx revision numbers and go in
8 >> slot 3).
9 >
10 > That is not what revisions are for. If you can't solve a problem
11 > properly using existing mechanisms, ask for new ones.
14 I disagree. This is a proper solution, cause we use SLOTs and on top of
15 that revision numbers to make a difference for the ebuild name.
16
17 Another solution would be to include the SLOT in the ebuild name, but I
18 see more potential problems with that.