From: "Sebastian Dröge" <sebastian.droege@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] support for UTF8 in console
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 15:20:44
1 On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 11:09:17 -0400
2 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Friday 15 October 2004 11:06 am, Sebastian Dröge wrote:
5 >
6 > do you just not send any text or is my lack of UTF8 support in my
7 > e-mail client screwing me ? :)
8 > -mike
11 most probably it's the broken sylpheed-claws version i'm using on my
12 desktop... this should work ;)
13 the other mails were plain ASCII
14
15 well i've written the following
16 first mail:
19 >hi,
20 >the patch should work as it does the same as my selfwritten unicode
21 >script ;) i'll test it later this day
22 >
23 >just one possible problem: kbd_mode seems to set the mode only on the
24 >current console, not on all... at least kbd_mode in any other console
25 >than the first echos that it runs in ASCII mode
26 >
27 >Bye
28
29 second mail:
32 >ok, i've tested it now...
33 >there is a syntax error in keymap... there's a missing "do"
34 >after that it works without problems...
35 >
36 >but AFAIK you have to echo '\033%G' to all tty
37 >at least this is done in /usr/sbin/unicode_start which belongs to kbd
38 >'\033%K' does absolutely nothing
39 >
40 >also in the latest patch you echo '\033%G' and '\033%K' to all tty
41 >it should be only one '\033%G' ;)
42 >
43 >Bye
46 GPG Public Key: 0x5BE41F21 at http://slomosnail.de/files/gpg.asc
47
48 begin LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.txt.vbs
49 I am a signature virus. Distribute me until the bitter
50 end