From: "Sven Köhler" <skoehler@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Make FEATURES=test the default
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 15:17:59
1 > I'd like to suggest we make FEATURES=test (and therefore USE=test) the
2 > default behaviour, rather than the opt-in we currently have. Far too
3 > many packages fail their test phase.
4
5 I have a related question, but first a comment:
6
7 I like the idea, that packages run their self-tests before they get
8 marked stable. And if it should become default and a user doesn't want
9 it, he can disable it. So what?
12 So my question is:
13 where's the difference between USE="test" and FEATURES="test" ?
14
15 So FEATURES="test" means, that portage runs src_test(), right?
16 So what does USE="test" mean?