From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: request uid/gid for net-misc/stunnel
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2019 19:54:09
1 On Sun, 2019-12-08 at 14:48 -0500, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
2 > Hi everyone,
3 >
4 > I know that is my third time requesting a uid/gid for stunnel, but it
5 > seems that my previous request was already taken but not added to the
6 > uid-gid.txt file, so I didn't know about the collision.
7 >
8 > Speaking with mgorny on #gentoo-dev, he suggested that we start simply
9 > making a request, and he'll assign the highest free value(s) at the time.
10 >
11 > So @mgorny, can i please have a UID and GID pair for stunnel.
14 You misunderstood me.
15
16 I meant that if you don't care about the specific number, you just make
17 a request saying you'll take the highest free UID/GID pair at the time
18 (that said, please try to use matching UID/GID for convenience's sake).
19 That is, unless you want to take a specific lower number.
20
21 Since there's no point in waiting again, just look at uid-gid.txt, find
22 highest free UID/GID, verify that nobody else used or requested it.
23 Then commit it, and make sure to update uid-gid.txt.
26 Best regards,
27 Michał Górny