From: Pierre-Yves Rofes <py@g.o>
To: dev-zero@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, security@g.o, forum-mods@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: GLSA-2, a new DTD for GLSAs
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 15:14:27
1 On Tue, May 26, 2009 4:49 pm, Tiziano Müller wrote:
2 > Am Dienstag, den 26.05.2009, 16:19 +0200 schrieb Robert Buchholz:
3 [...]
4
5 >> (+) SLOT support. An implied attribute 'slot' to the 'vulnerable'
6 >> and 'unaffected' tag will be introduced. This limits the scope of
7 >> the range specifiers to ebuilds in the specified slot. The default
8 >> is '*' meaning all slots. [1]
9 > I don't think this is really a good idea since the version may or may
10 > not be tied to a slot (at the moment it is in most cases I know).
13 Yes, but in the few cases where another version is added to a lower slot, we
14 need to edit all the old glsas, which can turn into a real nightmare in some
15 cases. see bug #255116 and glsa-200804-20 for example.
16 Having slot support would really make things a lot easier in these cases, and
17 wouldn't change anything in the other cases.
20 Pierre-Yves Rofes
21 Gentoo Linux Security Team