From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Response to a "friendly note" about changing bug reports
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2013 10:35:46
1 On 07/08/13 11:46, Kacper Kowalik wrote:
2 > Not so hypothetical situation: someone files a bug: "Fancy KDE mail
3 > program fails with my gcc", you fix it and live happily ever after.
4 > How on earth am I supposed to find it when porting/stabilizing newer
5 > version of gcc?
6 > I expect (as many others) something similar to "=kde-base/kmail-4.8.10
7 > fails to build with gcc-4.8"
8 >
9 > I deeply respect the work of people who fix bugzilla subjects to conform
10 > to "atom: issue" format. It saves me a great deal of time.
11
12 +1, all package related bugs should be with $summary of
13 '=category/package-version: problem'