From: George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] glibc-2.6 / gcc-4.2 going into ~arch
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 09:51:44
1 Friday, 6. July 2007, Petteri Räty Ви написали:
2 > Mike Frysinger kirjoitti:
3 > > get your "waaaaaaait dont do it" votes in now, i plan on pushing:
4 > > gcc-4.2.0 ~amd64 ~x86
5 > About how many packages will break with the new gcc version? Of course
6 > switch not used by default so that's ok.
7 If this makes people any happier - I had gnat-gcc-4.2.0 in the tree and ~arch
8 (x86, amd64 and ppc) since when it came out, (that is approx 2 or 3 month
9 now?) without any problems reported. That means technically gcc-4.2.0 with
10 Ada support. However this does *not* clash with system gcc, so only Ada stuff
11 was tested. Nonetheless, as I said, I did not get any 4.2.0 specific problem
12 reports. Seemed to be a rather smooth ride so far..
13
14 George
15 --
16 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list