From: Richard Yao <ryao@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: new set of profiles/default/linux/uclibc
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 16:43:47
1 On Thu 14 Aug 2014 12:04:10 PM EDT, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
2 > Hi everyone,
3 >
4 > I'm going to add a new set of profiles under default linux. These
5 > will mirror what's already under hardened and will have the structure:
6 >
7 > default/linux/uclibc/{amd64,arm,mips,ppc,x86}
8 >
9 > Currently I maintain both hardened and non-hardened uclibc stages for
10 > all those arches. I've been housing the vanilla profiles under
11 > hardened by just turning off USE=hardened, but that's hacky. Rather,
12 > we should have default/linux/uclibc and have hardened/linux/uclibc
13 > inherit from them like we do with default/linux in general.
16 This sounds good to me.