From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: aballier@g.o, qa@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] On the good usage of subslots
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2013 19:22:05
1 On Sat, 9 Feb 2013 09:15:03 -0300
2 Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > I hope this will be trivial to most of you but after seeing bug #455900
5 > and the vast majority of developers not even thinking twice before
6 > sedding their dep strings, I believe this needs some attention.
7
8 As a note for those who get irritated with those webkit-gtk:
9
10 --ignore-built-slot-operator-deps < y | n >
11 Ignore the slot/sub-slot := operator parts of dependencies that have been
12 recorded when packages where built. This option is intended only for
13 debugging purposes, and it only affects built packages that specify
14 slot/sub-slot := operator dependencies which are supported beginning with
15 EAPI 5.
16
17 Sadly, there's probably no way to ignore them only for cases when they
18 are completely useless, leaving the meaningful uses alone.
21 Best regards,
22 Michał Górny