From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] upgrade's and rc-scripts
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 22:13:48
1 On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 16:54 -0500, Brian D. Harring wrote:
2 > Out of curiousity, has any put any thought into some automated method
3 > or hook for allowing restarting of rc-scripts on upgrade/re-emerge of
4 > a package?
5 >
6 > Other question is if any such hook is even needed.
7 > So... thoughts? I don't really have any input on it, aside from I'd
8 > like to gather what people want/think would be useful.
9
10 Very very bad idea unless dispatch-conf or etc-update has been run...
13 Chris Gianelloni
15 Games - Developer
16 Gentoo Linux