From: Ioannis Aslanidis <aslanidis@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: removing dhcpcd from system???
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 12:55:47
1 I've read some childish answers in this 'thread'... locking... LOL
2
3 Now seriously, if we, at least, current european tendences, we'll see
4 that over 80% of ISPs require the use of a dhcp client. The fact that
5 someone does not need dhcp does not mean at all that it should be
6 removed by default. If we had to think that way, then probably bash
7 (for example) should be removed too, as I can perfectly work with sh.
8 Or we could remove nano, as with a simple echo/sed/less we can handle
9 with archieves, right?
10
11 IMHO it's stupid (no offense to anyone) to remove it.
12