From: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] sys-boot/plymouth needs major fixes/maintainer
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2017 03:08:38
1 On 17-08-04 17:17:05, Mart Raudsepp wrote:
2 > On K, 2017-07-26 at 11:56 +0200, Pacho Ramos wrote:
3 > > sys-boot/plymouth is orphan for a long time. Its old 0.8.x versions
4 > > where having
5 > > important bugs that were fixed in 0.9.x, but 0.9 is also plenty of
6 > > issues. Then,
7 > > either this is adopted by someone able to handle all that issues or
8 > > we will need
9 > > to finally treeclean (and drop its support for dependant packages)
10 >
11 > So despite this thread, this got suddenly p.masked.
12 >
13 > It seems most issues are related to usage with OpenRC, plus some
14 > stopping issue with sddm.
15 >
16 > I can soon look into the systemd aspects, but are there anyone
17 > interested in the openrc use case, to help out there?
20 > Mart
23 I've reverted the p.mask commit and added myself to the metadata for
24 plymouth (not the openrc plugin). I've also poked upstream for a new
25 tag since it's been a while and they are active...
28 Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)