From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] amd64 and x32 systemd stages should be ready
Date: Mon, 09 May 2016 20:08:22
1 On 5/9/16 8:43 AM, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 1:21 AM, Matthew Marchese <maffblaster@g.o> wrote:
3 >> Looks good. Nice work, fellas.
4 >
5 > ++
8 >> I'll do some testing of my own on those stage tarballs so that I can write
9 >> some docs, unless you'd like to write them, blueness. This should ease the
10 >> path on the systemd "Handbook extension" idea I've been throwing around.
13 > While there is no question that having systemd stage3s is a major
14 > improvement, it actually is likely to make the handbook more
15 > complicated.
18 i don't like writing docs because when i do, i go all out and then get
19 criticized for doing too good a job :P
22 > Is there actually a decent systemd-based rescue CD out there?
25 while i can see some merits to this, eg. running systemd-nspawn from a
26 live cd, this is a lower priority. i don't have any desire to maintain
27 this.
30 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
31 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
32 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
33 GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
34 GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA