From: "Hogye
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] gtk+-2.2.0 & eclipse - PROBLEM FOUND
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 00:07:34
1 The call that's causing eclipse to hang is in
2 org.eclipse.swt.widgets.ProgressBar.configureBar(). For some reason,
3 after eclipse has drawn a full progress bar, it then makes a call
4 configuring the progress bar to have min = 0, max = 0, and value = 0.
5 Maybe there's a reason to do that?
6
7 Regardless of reason, the resulting native call to
8 gtk_progress_configure(0, 0, 0) is what hangs.
9
10 So ... what I'm planning to do until one end or the other (probably
11 gtk?) fixes things is put a check in ProgressBar.configureBar(), so that
12 it doesn't call the native method if min == max == 0.
13
14 I've had trouble compiling the eclipse source, but it gets through
15 compiling the SWT jar before the build fails. So I can put in my little
16 hack, build the SWT jar, and replace the installed SWT jar with the
17 hacked version. If anybody wants a copy of the hacked jar, let me know.
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list