From: Gold is Heavy <aeoo@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] depmod -e output, plus kdepim results and other questions
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 12:05:53
1 root@void2 portage # depmod -e
2 depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.10/kernel/drivers/block/nbd.o
3 depmod: preempt_schedule
4 depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.10/kernel/drivers/char/ftape/lowlevel/ftape.o
5 depmod: preempt_schedule
6 depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.10/kernel/drivers/char/ftape/zftape/zftape.o
7 depmod: preempt_schedule
8
9 [more of the same snipped]
10
11 This output is definitely better than -a. I did see kernel preemtpion patch being applied, however, I didn't think there were any problems with it? Maybe I am wrong. What can I check?
12
13 Processor Type and Features:
14 [*] Preemptible Kernel
15 [*] APIC and IO-APIC support on uniprocessors
16
17 This is what I have enabled currently, that I think is related to the preemption patch. Did I miss something else?
18
19 ebuild somefile.ebuild digest -- that worked!!
20
21 Question 1:
22 Can I run two emerge's side by side? Are there any locking/race/mutex issues involved? Just curious. I think running 2 emerges can speed things up a bit sometimes, if I get lucky and one of them compiles while the other one downloads :).
23
24 Question 2:
25 Is there a command to list all the stuff that has been emerged on my box? Also, is there a fast command to list all the files belonging to a certain package?
26 I read emerge and ebuild man page, and didn't see anything similar.
27
28 I read the emerge docs on www.gentoo.org also. Is there anything else I should read?