From: Stuart Herbert <stuart.herbert@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites for www-apps/drupal
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 13:10:12
1 On 9/10/06, Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o> wrote:
2 > Alec Warner wrote:
3 > upstream for that reason
4
5 Upstream sucks badly here.
6
7 > us because we haven't a tool like the one BaSS wrote for the ebooks.
8
9 Such a tool would deal with many modules, but not all of them. Some
10 modules require additional dependencies, which a tool just isn't going
11 to know about. Last count, there were 187 modules for Drupal
12 upstream; there are probably more now.
13
14 I have new ebuilds for drupal, and a number of modules (I think I got
15 up to 'f') locally. I'll get them into the webapps overlay, so that
16 folks can test them, and help out.
17
18 Drupal's such a beast that it probably needs its own herd to keep on
19 top of things.
20
21 Best regards,
22 Stu