From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal: ban mirror://gentoo/ from ebuilds
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 14:54:51
1 On Thursday, August 18, 2011 04:50:23 Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
2 > Unfortunately, as long as the mirror://gentoo/ option is still
3 > maintained, we'll end up with situations like today's gnuconfig that
4 > couldn't be fetched, causing all ~arch users to see the same failure,
5 > because the distfile wasn't uploaded to the staging area.
6
7 you're understanding of this particular bug is completely off. i forgot to
8 upload the pkg -- the only place it existed was on my desktop. it had nothing
9 to do with SRC_URI.
10 -mike