From: Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk@×××××××.no>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] All Developers!
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 07:57:48
1 On 10 Nov 2001 12:34:15 +0100
2 Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Hi!
5 >
6 > A while back drobbins mailed about the issue that A= shouldn't be set by
7 > the ebuild-editor. It's set automatically by Portage. He also said that
8 > it should be removed. I'm surprised to see that some developers still
9 > updates ebuilds and leaves 'A=' there.
10 >
11 > Same thing about try->die. If you edit/update an ebuild, please fix this
12 > kinds of issues before commiting it.
13 >
14 > I'm currently fixing lots of ebuilds but it's hard work.
15
16 The ebuildchecker posted earlier will tell you which ebuilds are affected
17 by tab bugs, A= settings and the use of try, among other things.
18
19 I have been thinking of writing a cleanup script that fixes most of these
20 things automatically. It would mean that we developers would only have to
21 look over the ebuilds instead of actually doing the rewrites. However, it
22 might turn out to be a complete mess, so unless we think this is a Big
23 Issue, I'd rather spend my time elsewhere.
24
25 Karl T