From: Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] linux-info.eclass and $CONFIG_CHECK
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 09:47:06
1 On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 04:42:49PM +0900, Georgi Georgiev wrote:
2 > The linux-info.eclass is used by a few packages to check for appropriate
3 > kernel configuration options.
4 [snip]
5
6 This is basically bug #103878 :)
7
8 > What do you people think the proper solution is?
9
10 I suggest adding a $CONFIG_WARN variable for the options that are not
11 critical for compilation, but only are run-time dependancies. This
12 should work similar to $CONFIG_CHECK, except it will use ewarn()
13 instead eerror() and not call die().
14
15 I was in the progress of preparing such a patch when my laptop died
16 last week... I will pick it up again when I get it back from the shop
17 - or somebody impatient could do it instead ;)
18
19 Regards,
20 Brix
21 --
22 Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@g.o>
23 Gentoo Metadistribution | Mobile computing herd