From: Nathan James <mjames@×××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] 1.4 LiveCD no boot?
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 09:24:18
1 I'm trying to install Gentoo on a system (Celeron 400MHz (slot), 196MB SD
2 RAM (1x128 & 1x64MB), TNT2, 3Com 3C905-TX REV:B NIC, Fijitsu 3GB drive,
3 Mitsubishi 8x burner). The system runs fine with Windows 98 so I have
4 concluded that it isn't a hardware problem.
8 What happens is I run the CD and it uncompresses the kernel and then does a
9 bit and then reboots randomly only once have I got to the prompt and then I
10 ran net-config eth0 and it rebooted. :-) Does anyone know what's wrong? I
11 have tried a lot of different boot flags. Including: nofb nodetect, gentoo
12 nodetect, gentoo nodetect nousb noraid nohotplug. Some others too.
16 Hopefully we can fix this. :-)
20 Nathan James